Parish message of this week:
- On behalf of our pastor, Father John KWAN and the priests and members of the pastoral team of our parish, we wish all of our parishioners and your families happiness, prosperity, longevity, good luck and God’s rich blessings in this Year of the Monkey.
- Lent begins on 10th February with Ash Wednesday. Blessed Ashes will be distributed at the 6:40 a.m. Mass at Christ the King Chapel, and at the 7:00 a.m. and 7:45 a.m. Masses here at St. Margaret’s that day, and again on Friday, 12th February after the Stations of the Cross at 7:30 p.m. in the evening.
- Our Bishop, Cardinal John Tong has dispensed Catholics in our diocese from fasting and abstinence that day, but reminds us that you are still obliged to choose some other suitable forms of penance, or make a donation to the poor, as required by the penitential spirit of the Season of Lent.
- We wish to again remind everyone of the laws of Fast and Abstinence in Lent. The law of fasting binds all Catholics between the ages of 18 and 60 – and this year while we are dispensed from this on Ash Wednesday, we still fast on Good Friday. Abstinence binds all Catholics over the age of 14 and means we do not eat meat on Fridays during Lent.
- There are no Adult Catechumenate classes this week. Classes resume on Thursday, 18 February.